Art Fair Rules and Information
Art Fair Rules and Information
- All work exhibited in the booth must be designed and created by the accepted artist.
- Work produced with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans, prefabricated forms, or other commercial methods are not permitted.
- Studios involved in volume production are not permitted to exhibit.
- Imported or buy/sell items are not permitted.
- Limited edition prints are permitted, provided they are copies of original works by the exhibiting artist.
- As the artist, you are your own best salesperson and your presence is requested for the entire show.
- If your booth features art from more than one category, each category must be represented in your application entry.
- You are only allowed to sell or display work that has been juried into the show and appears in your application entry.
- Artists may share a booth, provided each is accepted through the jury process. Only one application and booth fee is necessary, though each artist must submit four images of work entered and the $15 jury fee.
All applications must include 4 high-quality images of work to be exhibited. Mailed-in applications and photos will not be returned, all images will be destroyed after the selection process. Hard copy applications will only be sent out by explicit request. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Acceptance to the DubuqueFest Art Fair is determined by a jury of artists and craftspeople. The judgment of the jury is final. Exhibitors will be asked to remove work which is inconsistent with approved images, appears to be factory-made, or is in violation of the above rules.
DubuqueFest offers first, second, and third place ($500, $300, & $200) cash prizes- awarded to the top artists.
Winners will be determined by an independent judge.
LOCATION/TIME: Rain or shine in Washington Park, between Locust & Bluff, 6th & 7th Streets in Dubuque, Iowa. No early check-ins!
- Friday August 6, 2021 artist check in 3-6PM
- Saturday August 7, 2021 8AM check-in and Breakfast; Art Fair 10AM-5PM. Then close up and come the Artist reception and see who wins the awards
- Sunday August 8, 2021 8AM Breakfast; Art Fair 10AM-5PM. Tear down begins at 5:00PM
$15 Jury fee + $110 Entry fee
$15 Jury Fee – non-refundable & due upon applying.
$110 Entry Fee – due upon acceptance into the fair and secures 12’x12’ booth space.
Online applications may also include a small processing fee. Applications will not be reviewed until jury fee is paid. If accepted, you will be asked to pay the entry fee by July 1st, 2021.
Exhibitors are responsible for the 7% sales tax (call (563) 556-4631 for information). A tax permit will be included in artists’ information packets issued at check-in.
DubuqueFest offers 2 booth scholarships to emerging artists. Scholarships include the rental of a 10 x 10 tent. For more information on how to apply please email: email@example.com
Exhibitors supply all their own equipment for their booths. All tents should be weighted or staked. Most spaces have ample storage space adjacent to the booth. Booth spaces are on grass.
All spaces around Washington Park are reserved for exhibitors to load and unload their work, only. After unloading, free artist parking and free overnight RV parking is available. Free parking is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis. No vehicles should be left in parking spaces surrounding the park. We want passersby to see your art!
All work will be displayed entirely at the exhibitors’ risk. No liability can be assumed by DubuqueFest, the Dubuque County Fine Arts Society, or the City of Dubuque. Overnight security will be provided.
Tourist Information Center at the Convention & Visitors Bureau at (563) 556-4372 or toll-free at 800-798-8844
For More Information
Contact DubuqueFest Director Ali Levasseur
email: firstname.lastname@example.org – or visit our website at: DBQfest.com
Dates to Remember
- March 4, 2021 – Artist Applications open
- June 23, 2021 Application deadline
- July 9, 2021 – Purchase deadline if invited to show
- August 6, 2021 – check-in begins
- August 7 – 8, 2021 10AM-5PM – DubuqueFest Fine Arts Fair open